- Our top easy dragon fruit recipe would have to be the Dragon Fruit Smoothie Recipe since it is quick and just looks so fabulous. It also tastes as good as it looks and the easy to follow step by step recipe is outlined below taking only 5 minutes.
This recipe is great for a healthy breakfast or a dinner pudding after the main meal has been served. The taste of the mango complements the subtle taste of the dragon fruit.
Because dragon fruit has only a very mild subtle taste it can be mixed with many other fruits to make different combinations for your smoothie bowl. You can also select from a number of different toppings to your personal liking. The one we outline below is our personal favourite.
Easy Tropical Dragon Fruit Pineapple Smoothie Recipe
- Our number two best easy Dragon Fruit Recipe would have to be the Tropical Dragon Fruit Pineapple Smoothie. The taste of sweet pineapple comes through the mellow taste of the white Dragon Fruit.
This recipe only takes a couple of minutes to make with a cup of fresh white-fleshed dragon fruit scooped into a blender along with half a cup of fresh pineapple and a cup of coconut water. Add some banana if you prefer a thicker consistency to your smoothie. Usually half to one banana will suffice.
Blend all of these ingredients together and pour into a tall glass. Drink straight from the glass or use a wide straw to taste this refreshing and healthy drink.
Dragon Fruit & Berry Poppy Seeds Layered Cake
- This Dragon Fruit Recipe is more ambitious and not as easy as the smoothies above, but as you can see the outcome is spectacular. The Dragon Fruit & Berry Poppy Seed Layered Cake is a treat that you and your family will absolutely love.
We rank this as 3rd on our favourite dragon fruit recipes list. The six layers are made up of a dragon fruit poppy seed mix for the bottom layer. The next layer is a cream layer with blueberries. The third layer is a repeat of the base layer with a dragon fruit poppy seed mix. Now comes the berry layer almost like a berry cheesecake mix.
The next layer is again a repeat of the dragon fruit poppy seed mix, and the final top layer is a cream cheese layer garnished with fresh raspberry, blueberry and cube of white flesh dragon fruit topped with a mint leaf.
We will publish the full recipe on our website, so stay posted while we continue the countdown of the top 7 Easy & Healthy Dragon Fruit Recipes.
Dragon Fruit Milkshake
- Number 4 on our list is an easy 5 minute to make Dragon Fruit Milk Shake. All you will be needing for this recipe is dragon fruit, some ice, a little sugar to taste, 1.5 cups of milk and 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla essence.
A nice little tip if you don’t like cow milk then you can try goat milk or almond milk. Or a mix of almond milk and cow milk, as almond milk on its own, can be a little strong unless you are used to the flavour.
Simply blend the ice, dragon fruit and sugar in a blender until a smooth consistency. Add the milk and vanilla essence and then blend again until all mixed.
Garnish with a few mint leaves and you are ready to enjoy this refreshing cool drink.
Dragon Fruit Salad
- Dragon Fruit Salad has to be our number 5 pick for the 7 Easy Healthy Dragon Fruit Recipes. It is in this position because the preparation is so quick and easy, and if you are creative it’s easy to add additional toppings to really transform the taste.
All you need is one fresh dragon fruit cut into halves with the flesh carefully scooped out and cut into cubes. Also cube some watermelon, pineapple, mango and kiwifruit. Mix them all together and spoon into the empty dragon fruit skins. It’s so easy to change up with different fruit combinations.
If you want to get more creative, try drizzling some natural Greek Yogurt over the top then sprinkle some nuts and seeds on top, such as chia seeds, walnuts, sunflower seeds and even peanuts. You get that extra tangy creamy taste with the yoghurt and then the crunch with the nuts and seeds along with the juice and sweetness of the fruits.
Tropical Dragon Fruit Sorbet
- Tropical Dragon Fruit Sorbet comes in at number 6. This is also very easy to make and only requires a few ingredients. The taste is very cooling and refreshing.
You will need 2 Dragon Fruit. For an interesting variation try to make one batch with white-fleshed and one batch with red flesh dragon fruit, then layer them in a glass cup when serving for an appealing look and distinctive taste. Use 1 lime along with 1-2 tablespoon honey or maple syrup a pinch of sea salt and a pinch of cinnamon.
Blend the dragonfruit in a kitchen blender until smooth and add the remaining ingredients until well-mixed.
Freeze in a freezer and eat within a few hours, or try defrosting after freezing for 15 minutes to soften. Spoon into a glass cup and alternate between red and white if you made the two different batches, as in the picture above.
Add a little cream and strawberries on top to garnish and enjoy.
Easy Dragon Fruit Ice Cream
- Easy Dragon Fruit Ice Cream is our number 7 pick. Its included because it is easy to make and just as easy to eat. Very few ingredients are needed but it is an advantage if you have an ice cream maker.
To make this recipe you will need 2 cans full-fat coconut milk, 2 cups fresh dragon fruit, 1/2 cup honey, 1 cup raw cashews that have been soaked for 3-4 hours, 1/2 tsp vanilla essence extract.
The soaked cashews are not necessary but if included will make the dragon fruit ice cream creamier in texture.
Place all of the ingredients into your blender and blend until you have a nice smooth consistency.
Pour the blended mixture into your ice cream maker and churn according to the instructions from your ice cream maker manufacturer. We recommend an ice cream maker as it makes the ice cream creamier, however, if you don’t have an ice cream maker, you can simply pour the mixture into a freezer-safe, or an airtight container and then place the container into your freezer. Keep in the freezer until the desired firmness has been reached.
Spoon into your favourite glass or bowl and garnish with a little cream and fresh fruit. Top with a fresh mint leaf to finish the look and for that extra contrast in colour.
These are our 7 Easy and Healthy Dragon Fruit Recipes that I am sure you will enjoy as much as I have. Because Dragon Fruit has such a mild flavour it easily blends in with most fruits. So be creative and try different combinations with the recipes above.
Please be sure to also check out our Recipe: Dates Receipe – Peppermint Slice that is also healthy and vegan, raw and gluten free. It canbe made in under 15 minutes and is also yummy.
Our number 1 recipe – Dragon Fruit Smoothie Bowl is outlined below in an easy step by step method. Please try it and share it on your social media profiles such as Pinterest and Yummly, or better still why not link to our recipe page.
- 1 banana frozen
- 1 cup mango frozen
- 1 cup red flesh dragon fruit frozen (you may also use the white flesh dragon fruit variety but you will not get the deep red colour for the smoothie bowl)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk, full fat
- Toppings (Optional):
- 1 banana sliced
- 4 pieces white dragon fruit cubed
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 4 blackberries fresh
- 3 raspberries fresh
- 1 dessert spoon sliced almond
- 1 dessert spoon sunflower seeds
- mint leaf for garnish
- The banana, mango and red dragon fruit should be chopped prior to placing into the freezer.
- They should be kept long enough in the freezer so that they are well frozen.
- Place the frozen chopped banana, mango and red flesh dragon fruit into a blender and blend on medium speed for a few minutes until the consistency is smooth.
- Spoon the blended fruits into a bowl
- Garnish with sliced banana (as in the picture)
- Sprinkle the chia seeds beside the banana
- Place the raspberries and white dragon fruit in a line beside the banana
- Place the blackberries in a line beside the banana on the opposite side to the raspberries
- Sprinkle the almond slices beside the raspberries and white dragon fruit
- Sprinkle the sunflower seeds beside the blackberries and chia seeds
- Place the mint leaf on top